Wednesday 23 February 2011

Fashion: Mr Porter



Inbetween the coverage of A/W 11/12 London Fashion Week and Milan Fashion Week (which starts today!), I thought I'd focus on a menswear post. My boyfriend is a big fan of fashion, is very stylish and wears some great brands which I love too. Which is why I, and he, are very excited about the launch of Mr Porter, the brother site to Net-a-Porter and new luxury e-retailer exclusively for men. In such a womenswear dominated market, it is great to finally have a man-focused fashion outlet where my boyfriend (and myself) can go "Ooh" and "Aah" at some truly beautiful menswear items.


Firstly, a layout designer and lover of all things graphic, I am in LOVE with the website design; I love the classic fonts, the beautiful colours (which remind me very much of a menswear grooming product trend report I worked on in November) and the sophistication of  the site.









Stand out classic pieces available through Mr Porter already:




- a timeless design classic, a must have.




- because everyone needs Margiela in their wardrobe



- navy is my favourite colour and these trousers are fantastic for casual or formals looks




- to brighten up those toes 






- the ultimate brogue for a man, fantastic is black or deep brown. 


I can see this whole look being on my boyfriend's birthday list - better get saving!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alice Mary Barnes | Lifestyle, Wellbeing and Healthy Living | Newcastle, UK. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig