Tuesday 29 July 2014

The New Essentials | Beauty



Ah payday, that wonderful day every month where everything is great with the world. Then you go to shopping. And then you have no money because you've splurged on hair and beauty products. But, you look great for the rest of the month. A weird all round win-win situation.

I purchased a few much-needed staples this payday - some different iterations of favourite products and some brand spanking new things to try.

Here's the lowdown.



Bleach London Swamp Spray
I love giving my hair a bit of summin' summin', and salt spray is always the answer. The packaging of Bleach's offering is on point. Absolutely love the industrial look and functional spray mechanism - you get a good hefty spritz when you pull the trigger. All round beachy hair winner.

Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil
Ever since I used up my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum (RIP) I've been after something of the same kind of ilk as a serum/oil to add into my night-time skincare routine. After reading about the oil on Kate and Lily's blogs, this sounded like just the ticket for me. It's light, very nourishing and not too 'oily' if that's possible for an oil? I've only been using this for a few days but have already noticed an improvement in my skin.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation
This foundation range has literally every shade you can possibly imagine, like, ever. Obviously I need the shade (N1 for those who want to know) which is practically alabaster white (big up lasses with goth skin). It's light and has an SPF of 17 so ideal for summer. It has a good coverage and has survived the bashing of the office air con, so in my books that means it's a pretty damn invincible base. Hats well and truly off to L'Oreal for this one.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms
A matte balm? Yes, it sounds mad. Anything similar to a Clinique Chubby Stick gets a thumbs up from me, and this matte version from Revlon is a new favourite. I picked up two shades; Striking (a neutral red) and Unapologetic (a sweet pinky-red shade). Perfect for your handbag, long-lasting and not drying as with most matte lip lacquers.

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Intensive Mask
Sunday nights are usually reserved for some hair TLC, and this mask is a newbie to the weekend collection. I spotted it over on Alex's blog where hairdresser Ben Cooke recommended it to achieve beachy waves - who would've thunk it? I used it all over my hair for a deep treatment and man, is my hair softThoroughly nourishing. Oh, and it's half price in Tesco at the moment! A haircare bargain.

L'Oreal False Lash Architect Mascara
Another L'Oreal product from a recent trip to Boots (thanks for the 2 for £15 deal, Boots - an absolute #win). This waterproof version is lengthening with a touch of volume. I never used to be that into waterproof mascaras, but they are all I'm reaching for this hot, hot heat. They keep your lashes looking fluttery and defined all day to boot.

What are your payday beauty basket essentials?


Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've been on the look out for a new oil. Will definitely give Rosehip BioRegenerate a try I think x

    ReplyDelete

© Alice Mary Barnes | Lifestyle, Wellbeing and Healthy Living | Newcastle, UK. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig