Wednesday 14 October 2015

Getting my bride on at Charlotte Tilbury

So, as you may have seen me mention (once, twice or a million times - soz), I'm getting married next year! In nine months to be precise, which is a little scary but mega exciting.

I'm getting fully into the swing of prepping and planning (including a big ramp up in training), so when an invitation to have my make-up professionally done at the very shiny and new Charlotte Tilbury counter at Fenwick, Newcastle came through, I knew this would be an amazing opportunity to road-test a few things I had in mind (and also swoon over products I've been dying to try for months. Thank the sweet lord for bringing your brand to Newcastle, Charlotte).




One thing I love about Tilbury's make-up line and whole brand ethos, is that it's effortlessly cool, chic and you can be any woman you want to be. The 'wardrobe' of looks she's created, showing one woman in ten different make-up looks, makes things like a super-smoky eye or a beautifully contoured face, look easy as pie.


I'm a bit stuck in my ways when it comes to my look, so when the wonderful Kelly who was doing my make-up (and had the most beautiful shade of auburn hair I'd ever seen) suggested my bridal look could be Uptown Girl (a subtly smoky metallic eye with and a dreamy bronzed complexion and a nude lip), I decided to break with convention and step outta my comfort zone.


Cue the awkward selfies (HUGE apologies in advance) but I had been out for dinner by this point... and had a glass of fizz (whoops), so no nude/pink lip to be seen, but I can assure you, it was sweet.



This look was a total winner and I think it's a step in the right direction for my bridal make-up - a little bit heavy on the eye for a daytime look, but the smoky-gold look was ace and I can't give enough praise about how unreal Kelly made my eyebrows look (CT's Eyebrow Pencil/Brow Lift in Grace K is firmly on my make-up must-haves list now).

Are you a bride to-be and trying to find your look for your big day? I'd love to see your favourite looks for bridal beauty so hit me up with some links.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alice Mary Barnes | Lifestyle, Wellbeing and Healthy Living | Newcastle, UK. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig