Tuesday 11 February 2014

Doing the do


My hair is currently a long, unruly mane, which needs an abundance of lovely products to get it looking spit spot day-to-day. Over the cold, cold winter months, my long locks been a bit dehydrated, so I've been trying to pump some moisture back into my tresses, and with few finishing touches from these products, it's starting to come up roses just in time for Spring.

Unite 7Seconds Condition Leave In Detangler
I have had a major issue with my hair matting recently (lush, I know) and was recommended a few products by my hairdresser (Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Treatment being one of them, which I am desperate to get my hands on), but spotted this gem of a product whilst trawling beauty blogs and was inspired by the insane reviews that it gets. One quick stop by Urban Retreat later, and this beauty arrive at my door two days later. I've used a few leave-in conditioners in the past, but nothing as utterly brilliant as this. Straight after washing as normal, I spray this around five times on the bottom half of my hair, and well what can I say; the Tangle Teezer runs through it like an absolute dream. My usual one-sided battle with unruly tats is no more! I can't recommend this enough if, like me, you have a daily battle with your locks, this is the leave-in treatment for you.

Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine
I saw Kate singing the praises of this finishing product on her blog a while back and was instantly intrigued when she said it gave your hair a Blake Lively kind of undone look to your hair, a look I aspire to whenever I have my hair down. Brilliantine, which comes in lovely little golden tube, can be used when you've dried your hair for a little bit of added something, like a kind of slept-in but still polished look. I use it when I've dried and curled the end of my hair, by rubbing a pea-sized amount between my hands and just running this through ends and kind of ruffling it up a bit. Works a treat.

TRESemme Salon Finish Freeze Hold Hairspray
I've been using this hairspray forever but I still think it's the best when it comes to keeping locks in place all day. All you need is a very light spritz to keep your mane looking super all day. I have nothing more to say about it than it's light, doesn't look sticky or crispy in your hair, is extremely budget friendly and gets the job done. Long live drugstore lacquer.

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray
The first product I've properly tried from the Thickening range, the Thickening Hairspray is a blow-dry spray like no other. A quick spray of this over wet hair and a blast of your hairdryer later reveals a supremely easy-to-achieve blow-dry looks in a matter on minutes. My hair is already pretty thick, but this gives it added oomph and fullness, without any heaviness at all. Next on my list? The Dryspun Finish spray for even bigger tresses and loadsa added texture, which my usually-flat hair definitely needs in it's life.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is a great product selection!

    Love x

    Have a look at our giveaway:
    http://insidefruits.co.uk/insidefruits-ready-for-spring-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete

© Alice Mary Barnes | Lifestyle, Wellbeing and Healthy Living | Newcastle, UK. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig