Friday 20 January 2012

Afternoon Tea at Jesmond Dene House




Today marked the start of my 3-day birthday weekend, so Joe and myself headed to the beautiful Jesmond Dene House in Newcastle, for a spot of Champagne Afternoon Tea to kick-start the weekend in style.

Such an occasion demanded a special piece of clothing, so I opted to give my Topshop Navy Spot Ankle Grazer Trousers their debut. I teamed them with black suede ASOS pumps, my faithful ASOS Navy Crombie coat, plain black H&M jumper and my treasured Mulberry Alexa.





The Afternoon Tea in itself was a grand affair - we started with Champagne, and then a selection of the most delicious finger sandwiches, scones and pastries. My favourites were the Roast Red Pepper sandwiches and the Chocolate and Mint Macaron - Joe dived straight in for his favourite Ham and Pease Pudding sandwiches (a lovely, Geordie touch for this Afternoon Tea).





I really cannot recommend Jesmond Dene House enough - not only do they do the wonderful Afternoon Teas, but they serve some exquisite food in their Restaurant (I had a mean steak for my birthday there last year).

Today, I also received something in the post which I've been waiting for patiently - my silver, Vega ring from new jewellery label Paper & Chain. The jewellery duo, based in Worcester, have created my dream jewellery - very simple, sophisticated designs, all with a subtle edge. I can't wait to add more to my collection.


Above: Vega ring by Paper & Chain on middle finger; Knot ring by unknown (I've had it ever since I can remember!)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. What a treat! Jesmond Dene.. It all looks so good!

    I adore the ring and the items on Paper and Chain are right up my street! Thank you for sharing..

    HELen

    pierrelecat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! I never got a chance to visit but when I'm next up in the Toon I'll make sure it's a priority :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of afternoon tea and this one looks delicious with a few unusual flavours too. I think we need a trip to Newcastle soon - I keep reading about some amazing places there!

    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Alice Mary Barnes | Lifestyle, Wellbeing and Healthy Living | Newcastle, UK. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig