Saturday 10 April 2010

PORTFOLIO

So today, I was going to work on sketchbook things....but I became distratced easily! Working on laying out some old work seemed far more appealing!

Part of my portfolio a magazine concept I created last semester called THORN magazine, based around the best of British fashion, arts, lifestyle etc....quitessentially British with a twist.

In October last year, I worked with a great model called Zoe Smith on a shoot called The New Uniform, based on the gingham micro trend for S/S10....Chris Kane, Jonathan Saunders for Pollini, Paul Smith all used the print, especially CK who used gingham in such a sickly sweet way in chiffon, absolutely brilliant and looked fantastic at the show!

I'm re-doing all the layout of the magazine as when I look back at it, it really was a bit naff!

So here's the original layout of the first spread of the photoshoot:



And then here's the new spreads I'm working on....making the layout alot cleaner.

Opionions? Advice? Help a fashion student out!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I actually love them both! The new one is my favourite just because it's a bit more my style but I really like the first, too. Don't be so hard on yourself! I think you think it's naff because you've been looking at it for so long, you know?

    Amy x
    wolfwhistle.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! The first layouts I did were in December for a hand it but revamping them now. I will probably change everything again soon, I'm never fully satisfied with my work, how annoying! x

    ReplyDelete

© Alice Mary Barnes | Lifestyle, Wellbeing and Healthy Living | Newcastle, UK. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig