Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Weekday Face | Beauty

When doing my maquillage this morning, I realised I've pretty much been wearing the same weekday make-up for, well, a good few weeks now.

I work in an office environment, so make-up with staying power is key for me, so I can laugh in the face of the dreaded air-con. It's also super easy to remove - I'm training a lot after work at the moment, whether it's at the gym or training for the Sheffield Half Marathon, and this whole face can be removed in a few quick swipes with some trusty old micellar water before I workout. Bonus.

So, here we go. Here's what's been winning in the everyday make-up dept.


Base
Foundation
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
These are two of my all-time favourite drugstore foundations. I've used these delights from Bourjois for years now, and the liquid formula of both is perfect for my dehydrated skin and it has some serious staying power The Bourjois range is always on offer in Boots too, so take advantage of the 3 for 2!

Concealer
Like most bloggers, beauty or not, I've been having a love-in with the Maybelline Instant Age-Rewind concealer. Under my eyes are the most creasy ever, and this has been a dream to use with zero of the dreaded creasy lines. Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint is also a gem of a find. It's creamy, full coverage formula is ideal for covering redness and pinpoint concealing.

Contour
Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder in Medium. The tiniest amount gives my cheekbones definition without looking like I've stepped out impersonating Kim K. Need I say more?

Blush
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush.  This is was one of my many Sephora purchases in early January, and I've hardly worn anything else on my cheeks since. The marble compact is so dreamy that is almost too good to use. A tiny amount of this bad lad gives just the right flushed cheek look with a hint of highlight to boot.


Eyes
These four products are The Ones. The creme de la creme for ease of application and a long-lasting daytime look.

Nars' Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base primes the lids and keeps, shadows, liners and mascara in place all day, with Kat von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper (another Sephora purchase, whoops) helping me achieve the all-important feline flicks (watch out for another blog post on this beauty - best eyeliner I've ever used. Ever.).

For lashes, Max Factor has always been one of my go-to brands for long, super-black lashes with loads of volume and Masterpiece Transform has been giving me a much needed daytime boost recently. And for under £10, what a bloody bargain.

Onto brows. Ah, the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I'm currently using this pencil/spooly combo in Taupe. The dark blonde tone matches my hair colour a treat. My brows are naturally blonder then blonder (almost platinum), and this has been instrumental in giving me a bit more definition in the eye department. You go, Anastasia.

Lips
I picked up a few of Nars' lip pencils earlier in the year. The Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien is a great everyday pinky-nude and doesn't fade awkwardly. Great for if you just want a hint of colour without looking overdone.

What does your go-to weekday face look? Give me your suggestions for long-lasting products which can withstand the office air-con.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alice Mary Barnes | Lifestyle, Wellbeing and Healthy Living | Newcastle, UK. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig